The City of Weston, FL has been on several lists of the best places to live in America, and for good reasons. A master-planned community, it offers a high quality of life that can’t be found anywhere else.
Weston is a city that balances a progressive economy with a small-town vibe. Set in the lush, lake-laden landscape of southwestern Broward County, this family-friendly community offers plenty of things to do for residents of all ages.
Weston Town Center is one of the city’s main shopping, dining and entertainment hubs. Located at the corner of Royal Palm Blvd. and Bonaventure Blvd., this Mediterranean-style shopping center captures Weston’s classy and welcoming vibe.
Weston Town Center features upscale shops like Via Moda and Marcella’s Boutique, several restaurants, beauty salons and other services, banks, and the Baptist Health Urgent Care facility.
Weston Town Center also regularly hosts various events, such as talent shows, art festivals and Easter egg hunts.
Another shopping destination is Weston Commons, located at 4500 Weston Road. This picturesque outdoor mall houses a wide variety of shops featuring local and national brands, various restaurants, and an assortment of service providers.
Residents get their basic household needs from large supermarkets like Publix and Walgreens.
Weston has 14 municipal parks and recreation facilities, including the following:
- Weston Regional Park – covering 102 acres of land, this is Weston’s biggest park. It features 8 baseball and 8 soccer fields, basketball courts, playgrounds, artificial turf grounds, an event stage, picnic shelters, and more.
- Peace Mound Park – measuring 8.16 acres, Peace Mound Park is a picturesque neighborhood getaway with a waterfront setting, rolling hills, and marshes where ibises and other wildlife make their home. It features a fishing dock, a playground, and a bike path. It is also the site of the Tequesta Trace burial mound, whose archaeological features have been incorporated in the park.
- Tequesta Trace Park – this 42-acre park is adjacent to the Tequesta Trace Middle School, and features baseball, football and lacrosse fields, a running track, a roller hockey rink, and more.
- Weston Tennis Center – a tennis facility measuring seven acres, it features 15 hydro-clay courts and one hard court. The Tennis Center runs a Tennis Academy and offers private lessons. It also holds celebrity tournaments and hosts various social events.
Another popular park in Weston is Sawgrass Recreation Park, a family-owned facility that offers Everglades tours and airboat rides.
The Weston Community Center at Weston Regional Park offers year-round recreational programs for residents of all ages.
Activities for children and teens include:
- Bass fishing
- Career workshops
- Kidokinetics clinics
- SAT preparation
- Musical theatre production
- Youth karate
Adult programs include:
- Open bridge games
- Watercolor painting
- Weston 55+ club
Also at Weston Regional Park is the Weston YMCA Family Center, which offers various fitness programs.
On top of these programs, many other community recreational events are regularly held. Some of the most popular events are:
- Moonlight Movie in the Park – monthly movie showing at the Weston Regional Park
- Weston Nights Outdoor Concert Series at the Weston Regional Park
- Rotary Run Fest – a free sports fest, with live music, booths, fitness demonstrations, and half-marathon and 5K runs
- Winter Safety Expo – held at Tequesta Trace Park, it features police and fire vehicles, kids’ activities, live music, and many more
- Weston World Fest – this event celebrates Weston’s cultural diversity, and features international food, music and cultural displays